Hash Brown Egg Casserole is a delicious breakfast casserole that also has cheese and sausage in it. This filling hashbrown casserole recipe is perfect for a weekend morning, brunch, or to have for Christmas morning breakfast!
Hash Brown Egg Casserole
Who doesn’t love a good breakfast casserole? We sure do! It’s having all of your breakfast favorites, eggs, hash browns, and sausage, all in one pan!
Hash Brown casseroles are a great way to feed a crowd. That’s why breakfast casseroles are popular to serve on Holiday mornings and as brunch recipes.
Some Breakfast Casserole Variations
You can add or subtract ingredients as you like, to get your ideal breakfast casserole.
• Omit the meat for a vegetarian option (if you still eat eggs).
• Add a chopped bell pepper.
• Use a different meat such as bacon, diced ham, turkey sausage, or even non-meat crumbles.
• Use diced potatoes or potato tots instead of shredded hash browns.
• Use cut up refrigerated biscuits instead of potatoes.
The possibilities are endless!
After baking for an hour, just remove the foil cover and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.
You should be able to get 8 to 10 servings from this recipe.
If serving at a potluck, you may be able to get more as people will be taking smaller amounts of several dishes.
You Might Also Like
Pin This Recipe
If you make this delicious hash brown breakfast casserole, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d like to know how you liked it!
Hash Brown Egg Casserole is a delicious breakfast casserole that also has cheese and sausage. This filling hashbrown casserole recipe is perfect for a weekend morning or brunch!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs Frozen Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- 1 lb Ground Breakfast Sausage (I mix hot and regular)
- 1 sm Onion, diced
- 10 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 12 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Add the thawed hash browns to a 9″x13″ casserole dish. Spread them out evenly.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Melt 4 Tbsp of butter and toss the hash browns in it. Then bake them at 400° F for 30 minutes. Continue with the recipe, most of this can be done while the hash browns are in the oven.
- Cook the sausage and onion in a skillet until the meat is browned and the onion is tender. Drain any excess fat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the hash browns.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the top.
- Pour the egg mixture over. Cover with foil and bake at 350° F for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes, or until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 728
Keywords: hashbrown casserole recipe, egg casserole, breakfast casserole recipe
Resources to Make this Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.