- 1 small Yellow Onion, finely minced
- 3 28-ounce cans Whole Tomatoes
- 2 28-ounce cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 12-ounce can Tomato paste
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey or Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Basil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder (or 1 ½ Tablespoons minced fresh garlic)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, or more for spicy
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Red Wine
Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Freeze, refrigerate, can or serve.
How to Store Marinara Sauce
- Refrigerate it (I use jars with air-tight lids).
- Freeze it (I use freezer zip-closure baggies).
- You can can it in canning jars (refer to a canning resource to learn the safe canning steps for tomato sauce).
Serving: 4 oz | Calories: 66kcal