Hi, I'm Sandy!
Cooking has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. Some of my best memories are of cooking with friends, or with my Mom and Nana.
My recipe collection spans a several decades, and most of them are handwritten. There are some that when I pull out the card, I am immediately transported back to another time. Another kitchen.
I started Simply Happy Foodie LLC in 2017, though I was working towards it a year before that. It was always my dream to have a place to share my cherished recipes, and to create new ones!
A few fun facts about me
- Family and friends are very important to me.
- I have skydived 9 times. Twice as tandem (hooked onto an instructor), and seven times on my own, from 18,000 feet! I had to stop when I got pregnant with my youngest.
- My favorite song changes several times a year. So many to choose from!
- I'm into muscle cars. I don't currently own one, but someday...
- My dream place to live is on an island in the San Juans.
- I grow tomatoes every year. No room for other veggies, but tomatoes are so fun to grow!
- I met my husband through an Internet dating site! Over 17 years ago!
My family and friends are hard working, fun loving, crazy, brave, creative, loyal, interesting, and amazing! They are my Tribe, and I love them.
My mom was a cook, as was my dear Nana, and a handful of other women I was to cross paths with on my cooking journey. I was lucky to be with them, learning at their apron strings.
My style of cooking is casual, uncomplicated, and everything is made from my heart.
I love to feed my tribe, and look forward to gatherings where we can all be together. Nothing is more fulfilling to me than hanging out with the people who mean the most to me, eating, laughing, and sharing precious time together.
I hope my recipes will help you get the meal on the table a little easier, so you can enjoy the time with your tribe.