Easy Chicken Parmesan is a delicious, classic baked chicken recipe with a red sauce and mozzarella cheese on top. This is a great weeknight dinner that is ready in about an hour.
Easy Chicken Parmesan
This retro recipe is one of my most favorite chicken breast recipes. It is delicious as well as budget friendly!
We have a local restaurant that has been serving chicken parm for over 75 years, and it is awesome! And super fattening, ha ha!
Their chicken is coated in a batter and deep fried, so I don't have it very often.
This chicken parmesan recipe is baked, so it is much easier to make, healthier, and very tasty, too.
Making Chicken Parmesan is really simple. Here are the steps:
Make a dredging station with two shallow dishes. One for the beaten egg, and one for the seasoned bread crumbs.
Place the coated chicken breasts into a 9"x13" baking dish. Bake at 400° F for 30 minutes.
When the chicken is done baking let it rest about 5 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute into the meat.
• Use a second jar of sauce if you like a saucier result (especially if you like a larger serving of pasta, if using).
• Try a delicious variation by using alfredo sauce instead of red sauce. Delicious!
• Add a spoonful of pesto to the pasta sauce and mix it in before pouring over the chicken. Flavor bomb!
• Try adding 3 Tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs for more flavor and browning of the chicken.
Serve the chicken parmesan on a pile of cooked spaghetti noodles, which is pretty traditional, or use potatoes, rice, cauliflower rice, or whatever you like.
You Might Also like
Pin This Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
If you make this tasty chicken parmesan recipe, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I'd like to know how you liked it!
Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning divided
- 4 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts about 6-8 oz ea.
- 24 oz jar Pasta Sauce* use 2 jars if you like extra
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Spaghetti or other pasta for serving optional
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Add the egg to a shallow dish and beat it. Then to another shallow dish add the bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and 1 tsp of the Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts, 1 at a time, into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, coating the whole breast. Place in a sprayed 9"x13" baking dish.
- Place uncovered in a 400° F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour the pasta sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining teaspoon of Italian seasoning over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken, on top of the pasta sauce.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Chicken is done when juices run clear, or internal temperature is 165° F.
- Let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve alone or over pasta with some of the sauce.
Resources to Make this Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.