Broccoli Grape Salad with bacon and other tasty ingredients also has a delicious dressing. You can make this wonderful broccoli salad recipe for picnics, parties, and potlucks.
Broccoli Grape Salad
Salads are the most versatile and varied meals that I can think of. You can make a salad out of almost any food! That being said, there are some classics we still love.
This retro broccoli salad recipe is a favorite from the '80s. It may go back further than that, but I remember it from my childhood.
What I Like About Broccoli Salad Recipe
• It is fresh, healthy, and flavorful.
• There are several different ingredients, so every bite is amazing!
• This broccoli salad is very versatile. You can add or leave out any ingredients you like.
Do I Need to Cook or Blanch the Broccoli First?
No you don't. The dressing will soften the broccoli the longer it sits. At least 2 hours, but longer is better.
It is good to add the bacon and sunflower seeds right before serving, to preserve their textures.
Can I Omit the Bacon or Make it Vegan?
Of course! You can omit or add any ingredients you like. To me, that's the beauty of a salad. Make it your own.
For the dressing you can use whatever you would normally use as a mayo substitute.
Soymilk mayo and Tofu mayo might be good options.
The flavor is even better the next day!
Pin This Recipe
You Might Also Like
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
Easy Chicken Parmesan
If you make this tasty broccoli salad recipe, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I would like to know how you liked it!
Broccoli Grape Salad
- 8 slices Cooked Bacon chopped
- 5-6 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/3 cup Diced Red Onion
- 1-2 cups Halved Red Seedless Grapes
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries or Raisins
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Real Mayonnaise such as Hellman's
- 2 Tbsp Super Fine Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cook bacon and set aside to cool.
- Add the broccoli, onion, grapes, and dried cranberries to a large bowl.
- Mix up the dressing ingredients and pour over the broccoli. Mix together until all of the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Chop the bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Add the bacon and sunflower seeds right before serving. Mix well.
Resources to Make Broccoli Grape Salad Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We loved this salad! Even my kids ate it. I couldn't believe how much flavor it has. Great recipe!