Instant Pot Fried Rice with Chicken is a fast and super easy one-pot meal. Pair it with your favourite Chinese style veggie and soup and you are ready to entertain your guests or family with a Chinese style dinner. Pressure cooker fried rice with chicken is easy to make and has great flavor.
Pressure Cooker Fried Rice with Chicken
We like to eat fried rice when we go to the local Chinese restaurant. Depending on our mood, we will order shrimp, pork, egg, or chicken fried rice.
You can easily make Instant Pot Fried Rice with Chicken at home and save a trip to the restaurant. And save a few dollars!
NOTE: Since broccoli cooks very fast in the pressure cooker, I recommend adding it after cooking the rice if you like a firmer result. Just give it a quick steam in the microwave first.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Fried Rice
- Use long grain white rice or jasmine rice: Both types of rice for make good fried rice. Jasmine rice has a slightly nutty flavor.
- Rinse your rice before cooking it: This helps to keep the rice from becoming too sticky.
- Add some spice: If you want some extra heat, add in some red pepper flakes, Sriracha or even some chili garlic sauce. Start with half a teaspoon and add more to taste.
Pressure Cooker Fried Rice Variations
- Brown rice can be substituted for the white rice, but will need a longer cook time (about 22 minutes).
- Switch out the protein: use beef, pork or shrimp. Or use another egg for a version of egg fried rice.
- Another fun idea is to add some chopped up kimchi. It will add some tang and heat! Add after cooking and let it heat through.
- You can substitute the vegetables for what you have on hand. Red bell peppers, bamboo shoots, green onion, or celery would be nice in this fried rice!
You Might Also Like
Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
Instant Pot Hamburger Baked Beans
Instant Pot Potato Ham Chowder
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
If you make this tasty Instant Pot Fried Rice recipe, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d like to know how you liked it.
Instant Pot Fried Rice with Chicken
- 6 or 8 quart Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice or Jasmine Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Oil, divided
- 1 lg Egg
- ¼ lb Chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 med Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Chopped Carrots
- ¼ cup Frozen Peas
- ½ cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Red Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Rinse the rice 3-4 times or until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- Turn on the pot's Sauté function. When hot, add 2 teaspoons of the oil.
- Add the egg and scramble it. Take it out and set it aside.
- Next add the remaining oil and add in the chicken pieces, sauté it for a few minutes until the chicken changes colour from pink to white on the outside (no need to fully cook it at this stage).
- Take chicken out and set it aside.
- Add in the chopped onion and garlic and sauté it for a minute or two until the onion turns light brown.
- Add a little chicken stock and deglaze the pot by stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot so no food is stuck to the bottom.
- Add carrots, mushrooms followed by rice, chicken and broccoli florets. Stir (Note: adding broccoli at this stage will yield soft texture. You can add steamed broccoli after pressure cooking if you want a firmer result).
- Add the chicken stock.
- Cancel the sauté setting. Select the pressure cook button on High pressure, and set time for 6 minutes (Make sure the valve is in SEALING position).
- Once the pressure cooking cycle is over, quick-release pressure by manually moving the valve from SEALING to VENTING position.
- Open the lid carefully and select the cancel button.
- Select the sauté setting and add in salt, pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red chilli sauce, peas and scrambled egg, sauté everything in the rice for a few seconds to warm it up and combine the flavors.
- Cancel the sauté setting.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!