Instant Pot Meatball Soup with Pasta (or without) is a quick meal that is easy and delicious. When you want a homemade soup with lots of flavor, try making this pressure cooker Meatball Soup. If you are low carb, you can omit the pasta.
Pressure Cooker Meatball Soup
On days when you want a hearty soup without the creamy, heaviness of some recipes, this soup recipe is a great option.
This Instant Pot soup recipe has meatballs that you can make from the ground meat of your choice, as well as veggies and pasta, if you like.
Instant Pot Meatball Soup goes great with some nice crusty bread, or rolls.
The steps to make Instant Pot Meatball Soup with Pasta (or without) are easy! Here they are:
A Few Shortcuts and Variations for Instant Pot Meatball Soup
It's always nice to know a few ways to get a recipe on the table a little quicker. Though not as "homemade" it will still be delicious!
- Use frozen meatballs.
- Use homemade meatballs that are pre-prepared.
- Use a bag of frozen veggies in place of fresh.
- Add extra veggies (corn, canned beans, etc,)
- Add a can of diced tomatoes.
- Jarred garlic in place of fresh.
- Add 1/4 cup of dry rice instead of pasta.
This pressure cooker Meatball Soup recipe is very forgiving, and you can adjust it to your own taste.
You can also double the recipe to make more to feed a crowd. If you do this, use the 6 quart or larger model of pressure cooker. The cook time will remain the same.
You Might Also Like
If you make this pressure cooker Meatball Soup recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below in the comments section. I'd love to know how you liked it!
Instant Pot Meatball Pasta Soup
- Pressure Cooker, any size
- 1 lb Ground Chicken, Turkey, or Lean Beef
- ¼ cup Panko Bread Crumbs (omit for low carb)
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Chopped Onions
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Celery
- ¼ cup Chopped Carrot
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 3 cups Chicken Broth (I use Low Sodium)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Zest of 1 Lime
- ½ cup Macaroni Pasta, or other similar size/shaped pasta (omit for low carb)
Make the Meatballs
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients that are given under the meatballs section. Shape the meat mixture into 1-inch balls using your hands.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté function.
- When it is hot, add the olive oil, then add the meatballs in a single layer and cook them for 2 mins on each side (don't cook them all the way through). Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
Sauté the Veggies
- Next, in the same pot add onions, celery, and carrots, sauté for few seconds, then add the garlic and cook until the onion softens.
- Add the chicken broth along with Italian seasoning, chili flakes, black pepper, lime juice, lime zest, and pasta.
- Mix everything and add in the meatballs.
- Cancel the Sauté function. Select the Pressure Cook button on High Pressure for 6 minutes. (Make sure the valve is in Sealing position).
- Once the pressure cooking cycle is over. Quick release the pressure by manually moving the valve from Sealing to Venting position. Do this gradually at first to avoid soup spewing from the steam release vent.
- Open the lid carefully and select the Cancel/Off button.
- Serve the soup hot. Garnish with chopped cilantro.