Lemon Yogurt Muffins are a delicious, lightly sweet muffin with a nice lemony flavor. These lemon muffins are soft and cakey. A very easy muffin recipe to make!
Lemon Yogurt Muffins
Muffins are pretty timeless. They have been around a long time. We had a huge muffin craze hit in the late 1980s, and it was awesome!
Some very creative muffins came out of that era. Today’s recipe is not fancy, but it is a nice muffin with a lemon flavor that is delicious.
What’s the Difference Between a Muffin and a Cupcake?
- There are a few differences. They are two different animals.
- A muffin can also be savory or sweet. The texture of a muffin is often dryer and a bit denser than a cupcake.
- Cupcakes are just small cakes. They are usually sweet, and most often have frosting on them.
- Cupcake batter is mixed for a few minutes, while muffin batter is mixed by hand, just until the dry ingredients barely get moistened.
- Muffin batter will be thicker and lumpier than cupcake batter.
Can I Add Anything to These Muffins?
- Yes. I think some fresh or frozen blueberries would be nice.
- You could also add some poppyseeds or poppyseed paste. Just keep in mind that this is a denser muffin, so don’t add too much of anything.
- These lemon Yogurt Muffins stand pretty well on their own!
The steps to make these yummy lemon muffins are easy. Here they are:
It is important not to over mix muffin batter. Too much mixing can result in hockey pucks as they won’t rise like they should.
When you add the wet ingredients to the dry, stir gently, just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. There can be a tiny bit of visible streaks of flour left.
The batter will be pretty thick. I like to use a 4 Tablespoon scoop to fill the muffin liners. You can use a spoon, just use 4 Tablespoons per muffin cup.
If you have any batter left over, just divide it among the cups.
You Might Also Like
Pin This Recipe
If you make these delicious lemon muffins, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d love to know how you liked them!
Lemon Yogurt Muffins
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Grated Lemon Zest about 2 med lemons
- 1 lg Egg
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 8 oz container Lemon Yogurt
- Heat oven to 400° F
- Add muffin liner papers to a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the egg and oil. Beat together.
- Add the honey and yogurt to the egg/oil mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix just until moistened, being careful not to over mix. The batter will be quite thick.
- Using a 4 Tbsp scoop or a spoon, fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy warm or cool.
Resources to Make this Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.