Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a great way to use up ripe bananas. The muffins bake up soft and flavorful, and the sweet chocolate chips are in every bite! A retro banana muffin recipe!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Muffins are a delicious snack, and great with a cup of coffee or milk for a quick breakfast.
If you have some overripe bananas, this is the perfect easy muffin recipe to make. The chocolate chips make them even better!
What Makes This Muffin Recipe Great
• You only need 2 ripe bananas.
• Makes a dozen nice sized muffins.
• Uses simple ingredients.
• Dense and flavorful!
The steps to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are easy. Here they are:
The Most Important Tip For Baking Muffins
Do not over mix the batter. You don’t want to develop the gluten like you do when making bread.
To keep the muffins dense, yet moist and cake-like, add the wet ingredients to the dry, then gently fold in just until moistened.
A few streaks of flour visible is fine. When you add the chocolate chips, also fold them very gently in, and use minimal stirring.
Some Ideas for Banana Muffins
• Use half peanut butter chips and half chocolate chips.
• Stick a few extra chocolate chips on top of the muffins before baking for a nice presentation.
• In place of walnuts you can use pecans.
Can I Freeze These Banana Muffins?
Yes you can. It would be good to put the muffins in a freezer style zip-closure baggie, pushing out the excess air.
You can use a plastic storage container, but those are harder to get the excess air out of.
To thaw out a muffin, set it out at room temperature to thaw if you are not in a hurry.
You can heat frozen muffins in the microwave: Place the muffin on a paper towel or plate. Microwave on High about 25-35 seconds for one muffin.
You Might Also Like
Pin This Easy Muffin Recipe
If you made these yummy banana muffins, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d love to know how you liked them!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 lg Eggs
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts optional
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas very well.
- Add the eggs, brown sugar, cooled melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Gently fold together using a spatula. Don't over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts, if using. Gently fold to combine.
- Fill the muffin tin holes about 3/4 of the way full. Use all of the batter to fill all 12 cups. It is okay to fill to the top as that will produce a nice crown (muffin top).
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. They will not be very browned on top.
- Let cool in the muffin tin about 20 minutes, then remove muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling (or enjoy them warm!).
Resources to Make this Banana Muffin Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.