Baked Tomato Feta Pasta is a delicious one pan pasta dish with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, baked and combined with pasta and fresh basil. This was a viral TikTok feta pasta recipe that I have put my own spin on.
Baked Tomato Feta Pasta
I think most of us know when something goes viral it is for one of two main reasons. It’s really good, or really bad. This recipe concept went viral on TikTok and it has proven to be really good!
You may have heard of the “viral TikTok feta pasta” recipe video. I actually never saw the video, but a friend of mine told me about it so I made my own version of it.
Without further ado, here is how to make this famous Baked Tomato Feta Pasta:
Dump 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes into a 9″x13″ baking dish. Cherry tomatoes are sweeter, and I prefer them, but sometimes they are just not available. So use the grape.
Mince up the garlic cloves and add them to the dish. Toss with some Kosher salt & olive oil.
Set the block of feta in the middle, touching the bottom of the pan. Pour olive oil over it.
Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and black pepper over the whole thing. Bake.
Cook the pasta and save one cup of the pasta water.
It’s ready to come out of the oven when the tomatoes burst and brown a little, and the feta browns a bit as well.
Carefully mash the tomatoes and feta using a fork.
Add the pasta to the dish and stir.
If the pasta mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water, a little at a time. You don’t have to use it all.
Add torn fresh basil leaves and serve. So easy! And tasty.
You Might Also Like
If you make this easy and delicious baked feta pasta recipe, please let me know! Just leave a comment with a star rating below.
I’d love to know how you liked it. Thank you for visiting!
Baked Tomato Feta Pasta
- 9"x13" baking dish
- 2 pints Cherry Tomatoes (or Grape tomatoes)
- 1 -7oz block Greek Feta Cheese*
- 5 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided in half
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 12 oz Bowtie Pasta (Farfalle)
- 1 cup Reserved Pasta Water
- 10 lg Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a 9"x13" baking dish, add the cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, salt, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Stir well.
- Place the block of feta cheese in the center of the pan, nestling it down amongst the tomatoes so the bottom touches the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pout the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over the cheese, covering the exposed areas. Then sprinkle the red pepper flakes and black pepper over everything.
- Place baking dish on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or untill the tomatoes burst and brown on top a bit, and the feta cheese browns a little, also.
- As the feta and tomatoes are baking, start a pot of water boiling and cook the pasta to package directions. Be sure to only cook 12 ounces, as 16 ounces (1 pound) is too much for this recipe. Also be sure to save 1 cup of the pasta water before you drain the pasta.
- When the tomatoes and feta are done, remove the pan to a heat safe flat surface. Use a fork to carefully mash the tomatoes and feta cheese together, in the baking dish, creating a chunky kind of sauce.
- Add the pasta to the mashed tomato mixture and stir. Gradually add some of the pasta water until the desired consistancy is reached. You don't need to use it all. Stir.
- Add the torn fresh basil leaves, stir.
- Serve immediately.