Chicken Alfredo Casserole is a creamy, delicious pasta casserole that is flavorful and filling. This fettuccine Alfredo casserole recipe is pure comfort food, and easy to make.
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Noodles! We love them in so many dishes. Pasta casseroles are filling and versatile. This fettuccine Alfredo casserole with chicken is creamy, cheesy, and comforting!
You may have had Fettuccine Alfredo before, but did you know that you can make it with chicken as a casserole?
Casseroles are very retro, and are perfect for feeding a crowd.
Make it Vegetarian
You can easily make this into a vegetarian casserole by simply omitting the chicken.
To give the casserole a little oomph of flavor, be sure to use the Italian seasonings.
Change it Up
• If you don't want to use chicken breasts, you can use boneless/skinless thighs.
• Add a little extra heavy cream for a more saucy result (be sure to use a deep baking dish).
• You can use spaghetti or linguine in place of the fettuccine, which I had to do.
The steps to create this delicious fettuccine Alfredo casserole with chicken are easy. Here they are:
Serve this delicious chicken fettuccine Alfredo with some warm, buttered crusty bread and a side salad for a fabulous meal!
You Might Also Like
Pin This Recipe
Did you make this delicious Fettuccine Alfredo Casserole? Please leave a comment with a star rating below. I'd love to know how you liked it!
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 1 1/2-2 lbs Boneless/SkinlessChicken Breasts* cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 -1 oz packet Italian Dressing Mix
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic finely minced or pressed
- 16 oz Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 3 1/2 cups Half and Half
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 cups Italian Cheese Blend mozzarella, provolone, etc., divided
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese divided
- Add the chicken to a bowl and sprinkle on the Italian dressing, olive oil, and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Let marinate from an hour up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or spray a deep 9"x13" baking dish.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta. Drain it and set it aside in the same pot you cooked it in.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the chicken and garlic. Cook until about half done. Then add to the pasta and stir.
- Place the skillet back on the stove and lower the heat. Melt the butter, then whisk in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until foamy and light.
- Whisk in the half and half. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens (bump up the heat a little if needed).
- Whisk in the salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream cheese and let it melt.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce into the pasta and chicken.
- Add half of the Italian Cheese blend and half of the parmesan. Stir in well. Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling and golden.
- Serve immediately.
Resources to Make this Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.