Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole is a delicious way to enjoy enchiladas without having to fill and roll them. Use ground beef or ground turkey in this yummy crock pot enchilada casserole recipe.
Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Casserole
If you like ground beef enchiladas, you will enjoy this crock pot enchilada casserole. This enchilada recipe is easy to make and makes about 10 servings.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
We really like making this easy crock pot recipe for enchilada casserole. Here's why:
• It tastes delicious.
• No need to roll up the enchiladas.
• Uses normal ingredients.
• Cheesy and filling.
• Makes about 10 servings.
The steps to make this delicious enchilada casserole are easy. Here they are:
You will end up making just two layers of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Feel free to change up the order, but be sure that the last two layers are tortillas, then cheese on top.
This crock pot enchilada casserole can be kept on warm, after cooking, for a couple of hours before serving.
This makes it convenient for when you need to wait for everyone to get home.
A Few Variations of Crock Pot Enchilada Casserole
• You can use ground turkey or chicken.
• Make it vegetarian by omitting the meat and increasing the beans.
• Try adding a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles for some spice.
• Use either white or yellow corn tortillas.
Play around with the recipe to suit your tastes, and what you have in the pantry. Use pinto beans if you don't have black beans.
You can use frozen corn, or a different kind of cheese. Have fun with it!
You Might Also Like
If you make this delicious Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole recipe, please leave a comment with a star rating in the comments section below.
I would love to know how you liked it!
Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole
- 6 quart Slow Cooker
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 (1 oz packets) Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 (7 ounce can) Diced Green Chiles, drained and divided
- 1 (15 oz can) Corn, drained and divided
- 1 (15 oz can) Black Beans, drained and divided
- 2 (12 oz cans) Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10 (6 inch) Corn Tortillas, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded, and divided
- 1½ cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded, and divided
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Black Olives
- Green Onions, sliced thinly
- Diced Avocado
- Add the olive oil and onion to a large, hot skillet. Sauté the onion until softened, then add the ground beef. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and taco seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the diced green chiles.
- To the crock layer half of the meat mixture, one of the cans of enchilada sauce, half of the corn, half of the black beans, half of the tortilla pieces, and half of each of the cheeses.
- Make a second layer of each of the ingredients in the same order: meat, sauce, corn, beans, tortillas, and cheese.
- Cover, and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Serve with Optional Garnishes: Top each serving with sour cream, salsa, black olives and green onions, avocado or any combination, as desired.