Chicken Fajita Casserole has all the fajita fixings - chicken, chilis, bell pepper, and onion. It is seasoned and baked with a creamy cheese mixture. This casserole is a great rotisserie chicken recipe!
Chicken Fajita Casserole
If you like chicken fajitas, and you also love a good casserole, then this easy chicken casserole recipe is one you might enjoy!
This chicken casserole is creamy and cheesy, with chicken and peppers. Delicious!
How To Make Chicken Fajita Casserole
Gather all of your ingredients together. Fry the peppers and onion.
Add fajita seasonings, cook for another minute. Stir in the chicken, then remove from the heat.
Add the cream mixture and stir. Transfer the chicken mixture to a baking dish.
Cover with shredded cheese, then bake. Garnish with avocado or whatever you like.
Mexican inspired casseroles are so delicious on their own, but there are a number of garnishes that taste great on them:
Fresh cilantro, Salsa, Sour cream, Avocado or guacamole, Hot sauce, lime wedges, green onions, chopped tomatoes, and so much more.
What is the Best Chicken to Use?
- This creamy, cheesy chicken casserole is the perfect recipe to use a rotisserie chicken in. Just take all of the meat off of the bones and add to the casserole before baking.
- You can use shredded chicken breast meat if you don't want the dark meat.
- You can use shredded chicken thigh meat if you prefer.
Some Tasty Ways to Serve This Chicken Casserole
• Serve with tortillas as an awesome burrito or taco filling.
• This recipe is great served with a side salad.
• A side of rice and beans goes perfectly with Chicken Fajita Casserole.
You Might Also Like
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Mashed Potato Casserole
French Onion Chicken Skillet
If you make this delicious chicken casserole recipe, please let me know! Just leave a comment with a star rating below. I'd like to know how you liked it!
Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 large Poblano Chiles seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small Yellow Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 (1 ounce envelope) Fajita Seasoning Mix
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken (rotisserie works great)
- 1 8-ounce block Cream Cheese room temperature, cubed
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups Mexican Blend Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- Sour Cream, sliced avocado, salsa, lime wedges
- Serve with tortillas optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the poblanos, bell peppers, and onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until peppers begin to get a little charred. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the fajita seasoning, paprika, chili powder, and salt; cook for another minute. Stir in the chicken, then remove from the heat.
- Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour over the chicken and stir until combined.
- Transfer the chicken to the pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Turn the broiler on to 500°F and broil for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with your choice of toppings.
This was so good! We ate it on flour tortillas. Yum!