Learn how to make Creamy Mashed Potatoes. This is a delicious, easy mashed potatoes recipe that you can have ready in less than an hour. Use any kind of potato.
Easy to Make Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes are an easy side dish recipe to make for any occasion.
Here are the steps to make delicious creamy mashed potatoes:
A Few Tips
Dairy free milk you can use:
How to store leftovers:
Allow the mashed potatoes to cool down completely. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
How to freeze:
I don’t advise freezing mashed potatoes as they will lose texture. If you do want to freeze them, divide into portions, place in ziplock bags and freeze. Defrost completely before reheating.
How to reheat:
Reheat in the microwave on low medium heat until warmed through.
Tasty Add-Ins for Mashed Potatoes
- Herbs – You can use chives, basil, tarragon, thyme, or a mixture of your favorite herbs. The herbs with tender leaves work best. Add them last and stir them in.
- Caramelized Onions – Add a sweet and savory taste to your potatoes with caramelized onions. They are fantastic in mashed potatoes! Just stir them in with the butter, or top the potatoes with a couple generous spoonfuls.
- Roasted Garlic or Garlic – Garlic mashed potatoes are amazing! If you use raw garlic, add a few cloves in the water before boiling. If you use roasted garlic, mix it in with the milk and butter.
- Cheese – Any kind of cheese is great mixed into hot mashed potatoes. You can use mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey Jack, cream cheese, parmesan, goat cheese, etc.
You can use this basic mashed potatoes recipe to make Baked Mashed Potatoes. Transfer mashed potatoes into a baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella or other cheese. Place in a 350°F oven on the upper rack until the cheese melts, and you get a brown crust. It will take about 20 minutes.
You Might Also Like
If you make this easy mashed potatoes recipe, please let me know how you liked it! Just leave a comment and a star rating in the comment space below!
Thanks for visiting!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds Potatoes, washed, peeled, and cut in cubes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt divided (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese optional
- 1 cup Warm Milk
- Black Pepper
- Roasted Garlic
- Grated Cheese
- Caramelized Onions
- Cut potatoes into small cubes and add to large pot with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and cold water that just covers potatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce to a low boil and cook until fork tender. It will take about 15 minutes.
- Drain water and add butter, parmesan, remaining salt, black pepper, and milk. Use a potato masher to blend the mixture until a smooth and creamy texture forms. Adjust salt if needed. Serve immediately.
Almond How to store leftovers: Allow the mashed potatoes to cool down completely. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. How to freeze: I don’t advise freezing mashed potatoes as they will lose texture. If you want to freeze, divide into portions, place in ziplock bags and freeze. Defrost completely before reheating. How to reheat: Reheat in the microwave on low medium heat until warm through.