This Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is one of my favorite pasta salad recipes, easy and satisfying with delicious flavor. If you are looking for a tasty quick lunch recipe to make, this easy pasta salad with tortellini and lots of vegetables is a great choice. This Italian pasta salad is a great potluck recipe or to serve during the summer as a delicious side dish.
Tortellini Pasta Salad
I think tortellini makes the best pasta salad recipe ever. This salad is a so delicious, full of fresh veggies, cheesy tortellini, and zesty Italian dressing, The perfect summer side dish recipe.
Pasta salads are easy recipes to make. You can change them up so easily by what you prefer or have on hand. Try adding red peppers, feta cheese, fresh herbs, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mozzarella balls, cheddar cheese cubes, kalamata olives, or whatever veggies, cheese, or herbs you like!
If you want to add a protein, you can use any meats you like. Cubes of ham, genoa salami, smoked turkey, chicken, etc.
What Do I Need to Make This Italian Tortellini Salad?
- You will only need a handful of ingredients to make this delicious pasta salad:
Cheese tortellini pasta, grape tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, black olives, mozzarella cheese, bell peppers, Italian dressing, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder.
- You Will Need the Following Supplies:
A large salad bowl and utensils, cutting board, knife, sauce pan to boil tortellini and a colander.
What Kind of Tortellini is Best for Pasta Salad?
- You will want to use the refrigerated kind that you find by the cheeses and such at the grocery store.
- I think the cheese or 3-cheese tortellini is the best. You can use the spinach tortellini or the regular one.
How to Make Cheese Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
• Cook the tortellini pasta per the package instructions to al dente, or softer if you prefer. Drain and rinse immediately under cold water.
• Chop/slice all of the fresh vegetables as needed for the recipe.
• Add to a large salad bowl along with the cooked and cooled tortellini pasta.
• In a small mixing bowl add the Italian Dressing to the parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder and mix together (or add to a mason jar with a lid and shake to mix).
• Pour the Italian dressing over the pasta salad ingredients and combine using salad utensils.
What Kind of Dressing is Good on Tortellini Salad?
- Pasta salad is great with this simple homemade Italian dressing, but you can also make a simple dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, and Italian seasoning, and shake it up in a mason jar.
- You can also use a Caesar dressing, or make a simple homemade dressing with balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and other dressing ingredients.
Can Tortellini be Eaten Cold?
Yes, definitely. I love cold pasta salad! It still needs to be cooked first though. Then allowed to cool under cold water. Cheese tortellini tastes great cold in a salad or served at room temperature.
What Should I Serve With Tortellini Pasta Salad?
This easy Tortellini Salad is even better the next day. You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Cold Pasta Salad Recipes
Other Delicious Salads
If you made this flavorful tortellini pasta salad recipe, please let me know. You can leave a comment with a star rating below. I would like to know how you liked it!
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Cutting Board
- Salad Bowl and Mixing Bowl
- Salad Untensils
- Pot for Boiling Pasta
- 20 oz Cheese Tortellini Pasta, frozen or fresh
- 1 pint Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Small Cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup Red Onion, sliced
- 4 oz Black Olives, sliced
- ½ lb Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- ½ cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- Cook the tortellini pasta per the package instructions then rinse immediately under cold water.
- Chop/slice all the vegetables as needed for the recipe.
- Add to a large salad bowl along with the tortellini pasta.
- In a small mixing bowl add the Italian Dressing to the parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder and mix together.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and combine with salad utensils.
- Serve immediately or chill first.