Hard Apple Cider Bread is a delicious apple bread that uses hard cider that helps it rise and gives it great flavor. This is similar to beer bread, but is slightly sweet and flavored with apples. an easy and wonderful homemade bread.
Hard Apple Cider Bread
Homemade Breads are one of the most satisfying foods to make in your own kitchen.
Not only do you get the satisfaction of having done that yourself, you house will smell amazing, and you get to eat it!
There is a category of bread called Quick Breads. These are usually mixed in one bowl, and require no yeast or kneading (they do rise, usually with the help of baking powder).
The quick breads are banana bread, zucchini bread, etc. They are baked in a loaf pan just like a yeast bread, and come out dense and moist.
There is also a type of quick bread called Beer Bread. The beer has the yeast that helps the bread rise, and it also uses baking powder, either in the self rising flour, or by adding it to all purpose flour.
Because of all of the leavening ingredients in it, beer bread is usually a bit lighter than banana or zucchini bread.
Hard cider bread uses the cider in place of beer, getting the same effect, but a different flavor.
I like the hard apple cider, but there are other hard cider flavors, such as pumpkin, pineapple, and even raspberry. You can get creative with them!
This is a recipe that I have finally perfected, and today it is ready to share with you!
The steps to make this hard apple cider bread are so easy. Here they are:
Just be sure to use HARD cider, with alcohol, not regular apple cider, or it won’t turn out.
Don’t Over Bake
This hard cider bread is so moist and good when you bake it just until done. So be sure to test it with a toothpick at the shortest time.
In my oven, it only takes 45 minutes. I suggest testing it at 40 minutes by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf.
If it comes out clean when you pull it out, it is done! If not, just let it bake a little longer and test it again.
Beer bread and hard cider bread have a characteristic rough looking top crust to them. They look hard, but this one is not, it is just right, as long as you don’t over bake it.
You Might Also Like
Pin This Recipe
Did you make this amazing hard cider bread? If so, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d love to know how you liked it!
Hard Apple Cider Bread
- 3 cups Self Rising Flour*
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Apple diced
- 1 -12 oz bottle Hard Apple Cider
- 4 oz Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the diced apple, applesauce, vanilla, and hard apple cider. Stir to incorporate all of the ingredients, but don't over mix.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the dough, covering it.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Check it at 40 minutes, then bake longer if needed. Be careful not to over bake!
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy a slice warm, or at room temperature.
- Store in a zip closure baggie or air-tight container.
Resources to Make this Hard Cider Bread Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.