This Lemon Bundt Cake recipe is one of the best tasting cakes! This bundt cake recipe also has a delicious lemon icing. It won't be difficult to find a reason to make this easy lemon cake recipe. It's so good!
Lemon Bundt Cake
This cake recipe is one for all of the lemon lovers out there. I'm one for sure!
Using both fresh lemon juice and lemon zest, you will get a lovely bright flavor that makes this bundt cake recipe amazing!
What is a Bundt Cake?
- A bundt cake is a ring shaped cake that has been baked in a fluted tube-shaped pan. The pans come in several sizes; this recipe uses a standard 9" or 10" size pan.
- The hole in the center of the pan helps the cake cook more evenly, while still giving you a tall, thick cake.
- This is the perfect cake for a beginner baker.
Can I Make Cupcakes From This Recipe?
Yes you can! This recipe makes about 20 cupcakes. See instructions in the Notes section of the recipe card below.
How to Make a Lemon Bundt Cake
Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Beat butter, lemon zest, and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Mix together milk, lemon juice, sour cream, and vanilla. Add some of the dry to the butter mixture.
Alternatively add milk mixture and dry mixture, mixing on low until just combined with each addition. Pour batter into bundt pan and smooth out.
Then bake the cake and let cool completely before icing it.
Mix the icing ingredients together and whisk.
Place the cooled cake on a rack over a sheet pan to catch the drippings. Pour the icing over the cake.
If you like a thicker icing, simply add a bit more of the powdered sugar when mixing it. If you get it too thick, add a little lemon juice or milk to thin it out.
If You REALLY Love Lemon
This Lemon Bundt Cake is so flavorful. Having said that, if you want a more intense lemon flavor, simply add extra lemon zest plus a half-teaspoon of some lemon oil (found with extracts).
You Might Also Like these Cakes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake
Chocolate Depression Cake – Wacky Cake
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
If you make this yummy, lemony bundt cake, please let me know. Just leave a comment with a star rating below. I would like to know how you liked it!
Lemon Bundt Cake
- 9” or 10" Bundt Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Hand Mixer or Wooden Spoon
- 2¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Fresh Lemon Juice (3-4 lemons)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1⅔ cup Icing Sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease one 9” Bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, lemon zest, and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix together milk, lemon juice, sour cream, and vanilla. Alternatively add milk mixture and dry mixture, mixing on low until just combined with each addition, until all ingredients are added. Don't over mix.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan. Bake 50-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean in the center. Cool 15-20 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze by mixing icing sugar, lemon zest, milk, and enough lemon juice for desired consistency.
- Once cake has cooled, pour glaze evenly over the top.
To Make CupcakesMakes about 20 cupcakes
- Line the wells of two muffin pans with paper liners. Then grease or spray the papers.
- Scoop the batter into the liners, a slightly heaping 1/4 cup for each.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated 350°F oven for about 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Mix the icing in a small bowl. Dip the top of each cupcake into the glaze, until all of the icing is used up.
Tips For Lemon Bundt Cake
Bundt pans that have an intricate design, or old pans that are not non-stick, need to be well greased so the cake comes out of the pan intact. Melt some vegetable shortening and apply with a pastry brush in all of the crevices of the pan.
- For stronger lemon flavor, use more grated lemon zest plus 1/2 teaspoon of lemon oil in the batter.
- If you like a thicker icing, simply add a bit more of the powdered sugar when mixing it. If you get it too thick, add a little lemon juice or milk to thin it out.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!