Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe has the perfect blend of Fall flavors! Pumpkin bread can be a delicious dessert, snack, or breakfast bread. A delicious Fall recipe to serve at your fall and Thanksgiving gatherings.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
Fall is pumpkin season! I always stock up on some cans of 100% pure pumpkin puree. That way I will be ready to make some of my favorite Fall dessert recipes.
What I Like About This Quick Bread Recipe
• It has chocolate chips in it!
• A delicious blend of Fall flavors.
• Very easy to make.
• Moist and yummy!
The steps to make this pumpkin loaf are easy! Here they are:
Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter before baking.
Tips for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Don’t over mix the batter when adding the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix just until moistened.
How to Store the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
The pumpkin loaf can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature.
When also wrapped in aluminum foil, the loaf can be stored in the freezer up to three months. After freezing thaw to room temperature before serving.
How to Serve Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf?
The pumpkin loaf is best served as a slice, lightly warmed. Slather it in butter for best results.
It pairs well with a mug of tea or coffee, or a nice cold glass of milk.
Variations of this Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
• Use Butterscotch or white chocolate chips in place of chocolate chips.
• Swap out the pumpkin puree for butternut squash or sweet potato puree.
You Might Also Like
If you make this delicious Fall Pumpkin Bread recipe, please let me know! Just leave a comment below in the comments section, with a star rating.
I’d like to know how you liked it!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 9x5 loaf pan
- Hand or stand mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Wire Cooling Rack
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt (or Kosher salt)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpin pie puree)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- 2 lg Eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350° F, and grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and sea salt.
- In a large bowl beat pumpkin puree, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix gently until just moistened.
- Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased 9"x5" pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, but moist.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack. Allow it to cool for about 20-30 minutes prior to removing and slicing.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk or coffee!