Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a tasty pasta dish made with breaded chicken cutlets in a seasoned tomato sauce, with plenty of cheese. This is a very easy recipe to prepare, and tastes great!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Casseroles are comfort food! They are usually easy to prepare, and bake in the oven while you get other things done.
This delicious Casserole has the makings of Chicken Parmesan, sort of a deconstructed version. The elements are in there, just in a different way.
A Nice Size For a Family
This recipe makes about 6 servings. You can easily adjust it by using more chicken, sauce and pasta, and cooking it in a larger casserole dish.
How To Make This Chicken Casserole Recipe
Gather and arrange the ingredients. Cook the pasta, and add most of the sauce to it. Fry the cutlets. Make a layer of sauce and pasta.
Add chicken to the pasta, then a layer of cheese, and a layer of the bread crumb mixture.
Add another layer of sauced noodles, chicken, and cheese.
Top with remaining bread crumbs, and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until done.
What Chicken Do I Use?
- For the easiest preparation, use frozen breaded chicken cutlets that have been thawed. Then fry them in a little oil.
- You can also bread and cook your own if you like.
- If you don't want to use breaded chicken cutlets, you can just use some pre-grilled chicken strips.
Which Sauce is Best for Chicken Parmesan Casserole?
• I personally like marinara sauce, which I add Italian seasoning and other spices to.
• For ease, I suggest using a spaghetti sauce that you enjoy. It already has seasonings in it.
You Might Also Like These Casseroles
Chicken Fajita Casserole
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Texas Hominy Casserole
Green Chile Egg Casserole
If you make this tasty Chicken Parmesan Casserole, please let me know. Just leave a comment with a star rating below. I'd like to know how you liked it!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 16 ounces Rigatoni or Penne Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Breaded Chicken Cutlets, store-bought
- 2 24-ounce jars Spaghetti Sauce (or marinare plus Italian seasoning and garlic)
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Basil, chopped or dried
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Remove from the pan and place in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken cutlets till crispy. Remove and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Pour a small amount of sauce into the bottom of the pan. Then pour the rest of the sauce over the pasta and mix together.
- Spoon half the noodles evenly over the bottom of the pan. Arrange half the chicken over the noodles.
- Combine the mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese together. Sprinkle the noodles with half of the cheese mixture.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and pour over the panko bread crumbs in a small bowl. Stir well, then add the cheese, garlic powder and basil. Stir well.
- Spoon half of the bread crumbs over the cheese. Layer the remaining noodles over the bread crumbs, top with remaining chicken, cheese and sprinkle with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the noodles are bubbly. Remove the foil and continue baking for 5 to 10 more minutes until the crumbs have browned lightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve with garlic bread.
Serve with a side salad and garlic bread. Storage Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This was delicious. Easy to make and we all loved it!