Green Chile Egg Casserole is a favorite retro breakfast casserole. This dish is often served on Christmas morning, but it is great anytime. A delicious and easy egg bake.
Green Chile Egg Casserole
Egg bakes and breakfast casseroles are some of the most popular recipes. This egg casserole recipe has a little Southwest flavor going on, without being spicy.
You can enjoy this egg and green chile casserole for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, whenever. It is very easy to make, and so tasty.
Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
Yes. It is very easy to double the ingredients and bake in a 9″x13″ baking dish for 35-45 minutes, or until set in the center.
Why is There Baking Powder in This Egg Casserole?
The baking powder will give this egg bake a little bit of a puff.
Combined with the flour, this will add some lightness and a nice texture to the casserole.
Change It Up
Try something different!
• Use Pepper Jack cheese
• Add a little cayenne pepper
• Use a hotter diced chile for more zing
Your house will smell so good while this yummy egg casserole is baking!
Imagine this cooking on Christmas morning, or any holiday, with everyone in their jammies waiting to eat!
You Might Also Like
Bacon Cheese Quiche
Spinach Cheese Strata
Hash Brown Egg Casserole
Homemade Flour Tortillas
Pin This Recipe
If you make this delicious egg green chile casserole, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d love to know how you liked it!
Green Chile Egg Casserole
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1.4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese small curd
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 -4 oz can Diced Green Chiles partially drained
- 3 Tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray a 8"x8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the eggs well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cottage cheese, diced green chiles, Mexican cheese, and melted butter. Stir together using a spoon.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove to a wire rack and let site for 5 minutes before serving.
Resources to Make this Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe was easy to make. Came out just as the picture shows. Didn’t change anything in the recipe. Served it for brunch with avocado corn salsa and warm flour tortillas. Delicious! Great flavor combination! Will make again.
So amazing! I had no idea this would taste so good. Everyone loved it!
I used just Monterey Jack cheese and that gave it a lighter flavor. You could tast the green chilies a little more.