Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is a very flavorful, simple salad full of vegetables, feta cheese, and topped with a very tasty dressing. A tasty Mediterranean vegetable side dish salad.
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
I can remember eating a lot of Greek salads in my youth. This is a retro salad recipe that has been around a long time.
There are many versions of this awesome salad, but we like this one best.
This is one of those salads that is perfect on a hot summer day, or indoors at the church potluck. It is a popular salad. That’s why it has stood the test of time!
Which Cucumbers and Tomatoes Work Best?
English cucumbers are nice as they have a good flavor, thinner skin, and are seedless. But I use whatever kind I can get.
The Roma, or plum tomatoes are great for this salad as they hold up better, have a nice flavor, and are usually riper in the stores. Again, I use what I can get.
Make the salad dressing before preparing the vegetables. This gives the dried herbs time to soften in the liquid.
The vegetables are cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and not pictured, Kalamata olives (optional, but so delicious). Feta cheese gives a salty tangy flavor.
Can This Salad be Made Ahead?
Yes it can. The best way to do that is to:
• Prepare the vegetables and put them in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
• Keep the cheese separate.
• Make the salad dressing and keep it in the jar. Also refrigerate.
• Just before serving, assemble the salad and pour the dressing over and gently toss it.
You Might Also Like
Classic Cucumber Salad
Broccoli Grape Salad Recipe
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
Pin This Cucumber Salad Recipe
If you make this refreshing cucumber tomato feta salad, please leave a comment with a star rating below. I would like to know how you liked it!
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic pressed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 lg Cucumber cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 lb Roma Tomatoes or use what you have, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives pitted and cut in half lengthwise
- 6 oz Feta Cheese cubed
Make The Dressing
- In a small jar that has a lid, add all of the ingredients. Close the lid and skake very well so the oil and lemon juice combine. The dried herbs need some time to soften in the liquid, so set it aside while you prepare the vegetables.
Make The Salad
- Once all of the vegetables are prepared, add them to a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss with tongs to coat them with the dressing.
- Add the feta cheese cubes on top. Toss them gently with the salad right before serving.
Resources to Make this Cucumber Salad Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A delicious picnic salad! I took leftovers to work for lunch.