Bacon Cheese Quiche is simple and delicious for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. This versatile quiche recipe is a nice way to make one-pan meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Bacon Cheese Quiche
Though quiche seems to be most popular as a brunch meal, we really like to have it for dinner.
Quiches are so easy to change just by choosing different filling ingredients.
What Is Quiche?
Quiche (pronounced 'keesh') is basically a savory egg pie, with cheese, maybe some chopped vegetables, and sometimes cooked meat, mixed in.
Quiches are usually baked in a crust (just a plain pie crust), but can also be made crustless.
You can take quiches to potlucks, or set them out at a party because they taste great at room temperature!
Some Tips For a Great Quiche
• Use enough milk to make the egg custard less heavy. Usually about 1 cup to 6 eggs.
• Grate your own cheese to avoid a grainy texture (Bagged shredded cheese is coated in potato starch to keep it from clumping).
• Pre-bake the pie crust to prevent it from getting soggy.
• If the pie crust edges are browning too fast, carefully cover them with foil strips for the remainder of baking time.
The steps to make a fabulous quiche recipe are easy. Here they are:
After baking your quiche, just let it rest for 10 minutes before you slice and serve it.
No garnishes are needed, but if you want to top your slice of quiche with some creme fraiche or sour creme, that might be nice.
This Bacon Cheese Quiche recipe is so delicious because there is something tasty in every bite!
You Might Also Like
Pin This Quiche Recipe
Did you make this simply delicious quiche recipe? Please leave a comment with a star rating below. I'd like to know how you liked it!
Bacon Cheese Quiche
- 1 9" Pie Crust store-bought or homemade
- 6 lg Eggs
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper optional
- 7 slices Cooked Bacon chopped, divided
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese I like Cheddar, Gruyere or Swiss, divided
- 1 cup Chopped Scallions just the green parts, divided
- 1/2 sm Sweet Onion very finely diced
- Place the pie crust in the pie plate and bake at 325° F for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, gather all of the other ingredients and prepare them. Chop the bacon, dice the onion, shred the cheese, etc.
- In a 4-cup glass measuring cup or a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Set aside.
- Add 3/4 of the bacon, half of the scallions, onion, and 3/4 of the cheese to the pre-baked pie shell.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pie shell.
- Arrange the remaining bacon, cheese, and scallions over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until center is set and the top is a light golden color, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack to set for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Resources to Make this Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.