Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa Bombs are a delicious and fun way to enjoy a special mug of hot chocolate. I show you step-by-step how to make Hot Chocolate Bombs. They make great gifts for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and even Birthdays!
There are many ways to flavor Hot Chocolate Bombs, and to decorate them. This Cookies and Cream flavor is really yummy!
Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa Bombs
A mug of Hot Cocoa is always a good thing. There is a way to make an extra special treat from your plain hot chocolate. Hot Cocoa Bombs!
They are fun to make, not too difficult, and are fun to give and to enjoy.
Hot Chocolate Bombs are super popular and anyone you give them to will appreciate such a wonderful homemade gift!
What is a Hot Cocoa Bomb?
• A Hot Cocoa Bomb is a round chocolate shell that you fill with hot cocoa mix, marshmallows and maybe candy or other flavorings.
• The cocoa bomb is placed in a mug, and hot milk is poured over it. Then it melts and the contents flavor the milk into a tasty hot chocolate.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate Bombs
Gather your ingredients together, and get the tools you need. Start by melting the chocolate in the microwave.
Add the cookie crumbs to the melted chocolate. Mix them in.
Use the back of a spoon or pastry brush to coat the holes of the molds with chocolate, trying to make it an even thickness. Let them cool in the fridge.
Take the shells out of the molds and fill half of them with hot chocolate mix.
Add marshmallows and candy bar crumbless to the cocoa filled halves. Heat a plate and set the top half of the sphere on it to melt the edge.
Then stick it to a filled half sphere. Smooth out the seam with your finger. Repeat with all.
Drizzle with dark chocolate and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Then put the cocoa bombs in mini muffin papers/wrappers.
Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa Bombs make wonderful homemade gifts. They look especially pretty in bakery boxes that have a window in them.
You Might Also Like
Graham Cracker Brownies
Double Chocolate Brownies
Christmas Cut Out Sugar Cookies
Classic Banana Bread
If you make these fun and tasty Hot Cocoa Bombs recipe, please let me know! Just leave a comment below with a star rating. I would love to know how you liked them!
Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 2 6-Opening Silicone Cocoa Bomb Molds (2.5" diameter)
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Spoon or Pastry Brush
- Small Microwave Safe Plate
- Small Cupcake Wrappers / Mini Muffin Papers
- 9 ounces White Chocolate Callets (or white chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup Oreo Cookie Crumbs, plus more for decorating
- ½ cup Hot Chocolate Mix
- ½ cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1.55 ounce Hershey’s Cookies 'n' Creme Candy Bar
- Prepare 2 6-opening silicone molds by making sure they are clean and dry.
- Put white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on full power for 25 seconds, then mix well.
- Microwave again in bursts of 15 seconds, mixing well after each burst. When the chocolate starts to melt, use a food thermometer to check that the chocolate stays at about 85-87°F (do not go above 87°F).
- Repeat process, microwaving in bursts of 10-15 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.
- With a teaspoon or pastry brush, coat each mold thinly with the chocolate, doing at least 2 coats. Ensure the edges of the molds are well coated.
- Place into the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Once solid, look for any thin areas in the half spheres and coat with a little more chocolate if necessary. If needed, pop again into the fridge for a few more minutes.
- Gently remove the chocolate half spheres from the silicone molds.
- Fill 6 of the chocolate half-spheres each with 2 Tablespoons of hot cocoa mix, as much mini marshmallows as desired and Cookies 'n' Creme chocolate bits.
- Take the empty chocolate half-spheres, place each rim side down on a warm plate to melt the edge slightly and place on top of a filled half sphere and gently press together to seal the sphere.
- Repeat the process until all the spheres are complete.
- Drizzle each bomb with remaining melted white chocolate or dark chocolate (for more contrast) and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- When ready to serve, put 1 cocoa bomb into a mug, pour 7-8oz of steaming hot milk into the cup and mix. The bomb takes about 5-10 seconds to completely dissolve. Top with more marshmallows if desired. Enjoy.
- Use good quality chocolate for best results. I used Callebaut white chocolate callets with 28% cocoa (or good white chocolate chips).
- Make sure the Oreos are crushed to fine crumbs to make it easy to mix well with the white chocolate.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for up to 2 months.
- I used molds which are about 2.5 inches in size.
I made these cocoa bombs with my grandson. We had a lot of fun! The steps are nicely laid out, thank you. They taste great, too!