Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole is a delicious, sweet dessert recipe or easy breakfast casserole. Topped with some whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this makes a wonderful Holiday dessert, Christmas breakfast, or even a potluck dessert. This tasty apple dessert is perfect for the whole family.
Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole
If you love cinnamon rolls and apple desserts, this amazing dessert casserole is for you! The name changes each time I make it, but the recipe is wonderful and is one of our family favorites!
This is a mouthwatering Holiday brunch or breakfast recipe that combines the irresistible flavors of cinnamon rolls and apple pie.
Delicious chunks of cinnamon rolls combined with the sweet and cozy flavor of apple pie make this dessert recipe irresistible!
I love yummy not-quite-homemade easy recipes that use a few convenience ingredients.
This Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake recipe uses just a handful of simple ingredients, including store-bought cinnamon roll dough, and canned apple filling for making pies!
This Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole recipe is a tasty twist on the classic cinnamon roll.
Here are the Ingredients for this Recipe
• Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with the icing.
• Apple Pie Filling
Can I use Fresh Apples?
Yes! You can substitute with diced apples mixed with a little brown sugar and add some cinnamon. A little melted butter will bring a delicious richness to the mix if you are feeling a little decadent! A little bit of cornstarch to help thicken the mixture.
Can This be Made Without the Eggs?
Yes it can. The eggs make a custard consistency, but you can certainly omit the eggs and still have a delicious dessert.
- If you don't have access to refrigerated cinnamon rolls, you can use homemade cinnamon rolls or even frozen ones. Make sure to thaw them before making the recipe.
- Try making a batch of cream cheese frosting to use in place of the icing that comes with the cans of cinnamon rolls.
Simple Steps to Make Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake
1. Gather all of the ingredients together. Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Open each can of cinnamon rolls. Set the icing containers aside.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
4. Take the dough out of the cinnamon roll tubes and cut each cinnamon roll in half.
5. Place the cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish in a single layer.
6. Pour the egg and milk-egg mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
7. Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
8. Spread the can of apple pie filling evenly over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
9. Place in the preheated oven and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cinnamon rolls have puffed up and the casserole is cooked in the center and has golden brown edges.
10. Let the casserole cool a few minutes, then heat the icing cup in the microwave for 15 seconds. Then drizzle the warm icing over the top of the casserole.
11. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or some whipped cream.
- Chopped Nuts: Sprinkle some chopped nuts, such as pecan halves or pieces, or walnuts, on top of the dessert before baking. The nutty flavor and added crunch is nice, and the cinnamon-apple flavors complement the warm, gooey cinnamon rolls.
- Are you a cinnamon lover? Feel free to add extra cinnamon, or even a little apple pie spice to this recipe for even more flavor.
What to Serve with Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls?
- Vanilla Ice Cream: A classic pairing with warm apple pie desserts. A scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream adds a cool and sweet element that contrasts nicely with the warm, spiced apple flavor of this cinnamon roll casserole.
- Whipped Cream: Dollop each serving with some fresh whipped cream. The light and creamy texture is a nice contrast to the rich, comforting flavors of this dessert.
- Caramel Sauce: Drizzle some caramel sauce over the casserole for an extra touch of sweetness and buttery caramel flavor. The caramel and apple combination is a classic favorite.
- Fresh Berries: Serve a side of fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, with this yummy dessert. The tartness of the berries balances out the sweetness of this dish and provides a refreshing contrast.
- Coffee or Tea: Enjoy your Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll dessert with a nice cup of hot coffee or tea. Hot beverages enhance the overall enjoyment of desserts like this.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Storing Leftover Casserole
This Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole is best enjoyed fresh from the oven, but if you happen to have leftovers, here's how to store them:
• Put leftovers in an airtight container or cover the dish in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
• The apple pie casserole can be reheated in the microwave or oven. Keep in mind that the texture may change a little upon reheating.
• If you need to freeze a portion of this dessert casserole, wrap in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze up to 2 months.
• Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
This dessert recipe is the perfect dish to serve your family and friends with its warm, comforting flavors.
If you make this Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Bake please let me know. You can leave a comment with a star rating below. I would love to know how you liked it!
Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 13"x9" Baking Dish
- 2 cans Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls (grands size)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Gather all of the ingredients together. Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Open the cans of cinnamon rolls. Set the icing containers aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Cut each cinnamon roll in half. Place them in the bottom of the prepared baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the cinnamon rolls.
- Spread the apple pie filling even over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cinnamon rolls have puffed up and the casserole is lightly browned, and no longer gooey in the center.
- Serve warm with some ice cream or whipped cream.