Raisin Spice Bars are a warm, lightly spiced bar cookie recipe that takes you back to Nana’s kitchen. Making spice bar cookies is easy, and they get gobbled up in no time!
Raisin Spice Bars
We are spending a lot more time at home. Many of us are cooking and baking more than ever. I decided to share a delicious retro spice bar cookie recipe with you today.
What is a Bar Cookie?
A bar cookie is a cookie that you make in a baking dish, spreading the dough in a single layer.
Then you cut the baked dough into squares, called bars.
Can I substitute Something Else for the Raisins?
Yes you can. You can use dates, another dried fruit, or just omit them completely.
If your raisins are dry and chewy, soak them in hot water for several minutes before adding to the dough.
Here are the steps to make these yummy spice bars:
After mixing the flour into the wet ingredients, add the raisins and pecans and mix them in
Then just spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking dish and bake at 325° until set. Cut into bars.
You Might Also Like
Pin This Easy Cookie Recipe
If you make these yummy spice bars, let me know! Please leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d like to know how you liked them!
Raisin Spice Bars
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 lg Eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup Raisins*
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl Add the oil, sugar, brown sugar, and honey. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Add the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Add the remaining flour mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the raisins and pecans.
- Spread in the baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool, then cut into squares and serve.
Resources to Make this Bar Cookie Recipe and More
This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.