Easy Corn Salsa is a delicious and healthy condiment that goes well on tacos, burritos, and is so good on tortilla chips! If you want a non-tomato based salsa recipe that is easy and tasty, this corn salsa recipe is the one.
A Different Kind of Salsa Recipe
Maybe you never thought to make salsa using corn instead of tomatoes.
Using corn is nice because you have one less thing to chop (though if you use fresh corn you do need to strip the kernels from the ears).
It is really fresh tasting and makes such a wonderful condiment.
Which Corn is Best for This Salsa?
• You can use yellow or white corn, or even bi-colored.
• You can use frozen or fresh corn for this salsa recipe. You will need about 4 ears of fresh corn to get the 3 cups of kernels needed.
• When fresh corn isn't in season, I make my corn salsa recipe with frozen corn kernels. I get the kind that are meant for steaming in the bag, that type seems less wet. When it thaws there is hardly any water.
My favorite add-in is diced avocado. The rich creaminess adds a lot to this corn salsa. You don't have to use it.
You can also add Black Beans, or diced Red Bell Pepper. With beans added you could make this a meal with some rice!
Our family loves to sit with a bowl of this yummy Salsa, and a bowl of tortilla chips. Then we snack and have a great time enjoying the fresh taste, and each other's company!
I would be happy to just eat this with a spoon! I'm tempted.
You Might Also Like
If you make this great salsa recipe, please let me know. Just leave a comment with a star rating below in the comments section.
I'd love to know how you liked this recipe!
Easy Corn Salsa
- 3 cups Sweet Corn Kernels*, (fresh or frozen corn. See Note)
- 2 medium Jalapeños, seeded and diced
- ½ medium Red Onion, finely diced (about 1/3 cup)
- Juice of 2 Limes (about 1/4 cup)
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 sm Avocado, Diced (optional)
- Add all ingredients except avocado (if using) to a bowl and stir together.
- Add the avocado (if using) and gently stir.
- Taste and Season with more salt or pepper if needed. Add additional lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño or avocado to taste.