Easy Snickerdoodles Cookies recipe makes delicious cinnamon sugar cookies with crispy edges and soft, chewy centers. These tasty soft cookies are a classic cookie recipe.
Easy Snickerdoodles Cookies
There are cookies, and then there are the classic cookies. Snickerdoodles are most definitely a classic cookie recipe!
This is a favorite cookie of many people!
What Are Snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodles are sugar cookies that are coated in a lightly sweet cinnamon sugar coating. They are typically soft, have a light tangy flavor, and can be crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Is There a Substitute for Cream of Tartar?
Cream of Tartar is special in this cookie recipe. It activates the baking soda to help the cookies rise. But not only that, it provides a bit of a tangy flavor and chewy texture that is unique to Snickerdoodles.
If you don’t have any, you can substitute fresh lemon juice or distilled white vinegar for cream of tartar. To calculate the amount needed, double the amount of cream of tartar called for in the recipe and use that much lemon juice or vinegar (4 teaspoons for this recipe).
You can also use baking powder as a substitute. It won’t give the tangy flavor that cream of tartar gives, but will help the cookies rise. You can use 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder to replace 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
Making this yummy cookie recipe is easy, here are the steps:
To make these snickerdoodles, you begin by mixing together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix well and then shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the prepared baking pan and bake.
Snickerdoodles go well with a big glass of milk.
Tips for the Best Snickerdoodles Cookies
• Don’t over bake them.
• To keep the cookies fresh and soft, store them in an airtight container (You can add a piece of bread to the container with the cookies to keep them soft).
You Might Also Like
If you make these yummy Snickerdoodle cookies, please let me know. Just leave a comment with a star rating below.
I would love to know how you liked them.
Easy Snickerdoodles Cookies
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 ¼ cups Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two sheet pans with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt to a medium bowl, and mix until blended.
- In another bowl, cream together 2 cups of the sugar and the butter.
- Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together remaining ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and roll each dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar to coat. Place them several inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or just until cookies firm up. Don't over bake!