Homemade Cranberry Sauce is a thick, tart-sweet condiment that is a Thanksgiving staple. Cranberry sauce from scratch is delicious and goes very well with turkey and stuffing, and is very easy and fast to make.
Cranberry sauce from scratch is thick and has a tart-sweet flavor. You can control how sweet it is.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
There are some foods that just have to be on our Thanksgiving table. Cranberry sauce is definitely one of those foods.
Making cranberry sauce from scratch is super easy, and tastes so fresh!
Where Can I Find Fresh Cranberries
Fresh cranberries are usually in the produce department at the grocery store. You can find frozen cranberries in the frozen produce section.
What I Like About This Cranberry Sauce Recipe
• Not too sweet (you control the amount of sugar)
• Fresh cranberry flavor
• Sweet-tart taste
• Use fresh or frozen cranberries
• Thick and pairs well with meat
How to Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Rinse the cranberries and add to the sauce pan. Zest the orange and add to the pan with the cranberries.
Pour the orange juice and water in the pan. Add the cinnamon and sugars to the cranberries.
Stir well. Cook covered until the berries burst. Taste and adjust the sugar.
How Sweet Do You Like It?
You can control the sugar in your cranberry sauce. If you like it more tart, start with less that the recipe instructs.
You don’t have to use sugar, you can try alternative sweeteners.
• Maple syrup
• All white sugar
• All brown sugar
• Artificial sweetener (add after cooking)
You Might Also Like
If you make this Holiday Cranberry Sauce recipe, please let me know. Just leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d like to know how you liked it.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Sauce Pan
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries, rinsed (or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon Orange Zest
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Water
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar (or start with less)
- ⅓ cup White Sugar (or start with less)
- Maple Syrup
- Grand Marnier
- Rinse the cranberries in a strainer and add to a sauce pan.
- Add the orange zest, cinnamon, orange juice, water, brown sugar, and white sugar to the sauce pan. stir well.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the cranberries burst. Then turn off the heat, stir, and cover the pan. Let sit for several minutes until a little cooled.
- Taste and adjust sugar, if needed. Do this while still warm so sugar dissolves if you add more.
- The sauce will thicken a lot as it cools.