Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups are a delicious quick breakfast recipe. Also known as Breakfast Egg Muffins, they are made with only 4 ingredients, and are a quick and easy breakfast. These egg cups with cheese and ham are perfect for brunch, breakfast, or any time you want a fast meal.
Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups
All you need is 4 simple ingredients to make these Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups. Chunks of ham, fluffy eggs, and gooey cheese all baked into the perfect little biscuit cup package.
These Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups are fantastic little breakfast on-the-go bites. I love having healthy breakfast options already made for when you need to be out of the house quickly.
While I like to fill my biscuit cups with cheese, ham, and eggs, one of the amazing things about this easy breakfast recipe is that it’s versatile and you can fill your biscuit cups with your meat of choice and cheese of choice.
If ham and cheddar cheese aren’t your thing, feel free to swap them out for other ingredients such as bacon and swiss, or if you don’t want meat you can add some diced bell peppers.
These homemade Cheesy Egg and Ham Biscuit Cups are pretty quick to whip up and it’s easy to make many of them at once. You can feed a crowd or just a few people for multiple meals. Easy peasy! My kind of recipe!
These breakfast cups are wonderful for kids to enjoy for breakfast before school instead of sugary cereals, and they are the answer to meal prepping breakfast solutions to have ready for the entire week!
What Type of Biscuits Work Best for These?
I created this recipe to be made with the “flakey layers” style of biscuits that are in a tube in the refrigerated foods section of the grocery store. You can experiment with other types.
Do I Need a Muffin Tin?
- Yes, that’s the most important kitchen tool you need to make these biscuit cups. You can use a regular muffin pan, a mini pan or a jumbo muffin tin and make different size biscuit cups (cook times and amounts will vary) with all your favorite breakfast fillings.
- You can also use individual silicone muffin/cupcake liners and place them on a baking sheet.
How to Make Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups
• Gather together all of the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray the empty spots in your muffin tins with non-stick baking spray.
• Dice the ham.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and cheese.
• Open your can of biscuits, and place the biscuit dough into each tin, pressing down on the bottom and up the sides to get the dough to sit into the muffin tin holes properly.
• Use a spoon to transfer a small amount of the egg mixture into each biscuit and then top them with your desired amount of diced ham.
• Bake the filled biscuit cups for 15-20 minutes, or until your eggs are fully cooked, and biscuit dough is slightly brown.
• Remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
What to Serve with Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups
• If you’re looking to round out this for an easy and tasty complete breakfast, make some Slow Cooker Yogurt the day before to serve with your biscuit cups.
• A fruit tray would complement this ham, egg and cheese biscuit recipe very nicely too.
How to Store The Best Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups
- You can store leftover biscuit cups in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days. I recommend storing them stacked up with parchment paper in between the layers to help them not stick together. Make sure to let them cool all the way before you store them in the container in the fridge.
- Since this recipe has dairy in it, it must be kept in the refrigerator. If you are using these for meal prep solutions, you can store them in individual containers with other food as well.
How to Reheat Easy Biscuit Cups
To easily reheat this quick and easy breakfast egg muffin recipe, toss them on a microwave safe plate and warm them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds (then another 15-20 seconds more, if needed).
Tips & Variations
- These egg and ham biscuit muffins can overflow very easily, so be sure not to overfill them.
- For more of a fall feel, add some diced apple and smoked bacon.
- Trade up your cheese choices to make various different biscuit cups. You can even add pepperoni, salami, sausage. scrapple, and more.
- Don’t forget to spay the muffin tin or your biscuit cups will be really hard to remove from the pan once they’ve cooked.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups are a fun way to serve breakfast. They’re great for having a few bites of breakfast ready on hand to take on the go. They’re filling, simple and oh so delicious!
If you make these tasty breakfast egg muffin cups, please let me know. You can leave a comment with a star rating below. I’d like to know how you liked them.
Cheesy Ham and Egg Biscuit Cups
- 8-cup Muffin Pan
- 1 16.3-ounce tube Refrigerated Biscuit Dough ("Grands" size) flaky layered
- 4 large Eggs
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Diced Ham*
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Spray 8-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the biscuit dough into each tin, pressing down on the bottom and up the sides.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cheese.
- Spoon a small amount of the egg mixture into each biscuit.
- Top with desired amount of chopped ham cubes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked, and biscuit dough is slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!