Nutty Bacon Cheese Ball is a delicious variation of a party cheese ball. With flavorful ingredients (and plenty of bacon) added in, this party appetizer is a tasty classic!
Nutty Bacon Cheese Ball
If you have been to very many parties in your lifetime, then you are probably familiar with the steadfast Cheese Ball.
Always surrounded by crackers, and often with a small knife sticking out of it. Ready for you to take a schmear!
There are lots of cheese ball recipes out there, but not so many that include bacon! Bacon makes it better!
What is a Cheese Ball?
A cheese ball is a soft cheese, such as cream cheese, with other tasty ingredients mixed in, shaped into a ball, then rolled in nuts or some other coating.
They are very popular to serve at parties and Holiday gatherings because people can come along and put some on a cracker, then continue mingling.
Cheese Balls are also very nice looking on a table, sitting atop a nice board with crackers arranged nearby.
Some Fun Cheese Ball Variations
Your Cheese Ball can be made with any number of ingredients. Here are some options:
• Dried Cranberries
• Chopped pecans instead of almonds
• Add in some grated cheddar cheese
• Use ranch seasoning
• Try using goat cheese
How to Store a Cheese Ball
This Nutty Bacon Cheese Ball recipe will keep in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
Wrap it in plastic wrap so it is air-tight, and place it in an open container so as not to squish it and ruin the shape.
While serving it at a party, try not to let it sit out more than a couple of hours. If you have a container of ice under it, you could leave it out longer.
You Might Also Like
Classic Ham Salad
Easy Corn Salsa
Easy Coleslaw Recipe
Baked Tomato Feta Pasta
If you make this delicious Nutty Bacon Cheese Ball recipe, please leave a comment with a star rating below in the comments ection.
I'd love to know how you liked it!
Nutty Bacon Cheese Ball
- Hand Mixer
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 5-6 slices Bacon (cooked until crispy and chopped)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Green Onion (scallions) thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dill Weed
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds, divided
- Use an electric hand mixer to cream together the cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add the chopped bacon, green onions, dill weed, black pepper, and 2/3 cup of the almonds. Stir to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for 5-8 hours or overnight.
- Take cream cheese mixture out of the refrigerator and form into a ball using your hands.
- Roll the cheese ball in the remaining 1/3 cup of almonds to cover the outside.
- Serve with crackers, enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!