Slow Cooker Beef Ribs are tender, delicious, and so easy to prepare! This crock pot ribs recipe is great for when you have to work all day and need a tasty dinner when you get home.
Crock Pot Beef Ribs
I enjoy making beef back ribs for dinner. They taste delicious and they are very easy to make.
These ribs can cook all day in the slow cooker, making it a perfect recipe for any day of the week!
My family devours these tasty ribs and the side dishes that I serve with them.
How to Make Beef Ribs in the Crock Pot
- (Optional) Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Just slide your fingers under the membrane to loosen it, then tear it off. A paper towel works if you need more grip.
- Rub the ribs with a flavorful dry rub. This step is the key to the most flavorful ribs.
- Put the ribs in your slow cooker. Cover them with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low for 5 to 8 hours. The more racks in the pot, the longer you’ll need to cook.
- Arrange on a foil lined baking sheet, coat with reserved sauce, and broil them in the oven for a few minutes until they are caramelized.
Can I Finish the slow cooker Beef Ribs on the Grill Instead of the Oven?
I like to caramelize the ribs under the broiler in my oven after slow cooking. You can definitely put them on the grill to caramelize them after slow cooking if you prefer.
If you choose to use the grill, arrange them on a hot grill, brush them with reserved barbecue sauce, cover grill, and cook a few minutes just to caramelize.
HANDY TIP: A very handy tip for making ribs in the crock pot is to use a liner. These are BPA-free plastic bags to line your crock pot with. These slow cooker liners make clean-up much easier! No need to scrub cooked on sauce! Find these handy liners in the grocery store aisle with the aluminum foil and zip closure bags.
Tasty Side Dishes to Go With These Crock Pot Beef Ribs
Can’t forget the sides! There are so many choices when it comes to side dishes to serve with beef ribs. Here are a few of my favorites:
Easy Coleslaw Recipe
Peach Salad with Blueberries and Feta
Butter Dip Biscuits
Double Chocolate Brownies
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs
- 4-6 qt Slow Cooker
- 2 ½-3 lbs Beef Back Ribs
- 1 ½ cups Root Beer
- 3 cups BBQ Sauce (reserve ⅓ cup for basting)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcheshire Sauce
- Green Onions, as garnish
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Powder
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves (not ground)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- Prepare dry rub. Combine spices in a ramekin. Thoroughly coat rib tips in the seasoning. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add ribs to the slow cooker. **You may choose to cut the ribs prior to this if desired. We have done it both ways and it did not make much of a difference**
- In a small mixing bowl, combine root beer, bbq sauce, and worcheshire. Whisk until smooth. Set aside ⅓ cup of sauce, then pour the remainder over the ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove ribs from the slow cooker and place on a wire rack lined baking sheet. Brush with the reserved bbq sauce. Place 6” under the broiler and broil for 4 minutes.
- Arrange ribs on a platter and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like These Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Pin This Recipe